Monday, June 20, 2016

Outrage your neighbor as you outrage yourself


I knew from the article that this sign was on the grounds of a United Church of Christ.  It wasn't until I looked in the background that I saw the church was Open and Affirming (a UCC phrase that means accepting and affirming of LGBT people and their relationships).

Probably a less controversial stance than it was before Obergefell, but now I wonder if Mr. Jansen could decode that message, if he wouldn't be upset all over again.  Or, it might calm him down, because obviously a church with both these signs can't really be Christian.

Or maybe it's doubling down on their heresy.

1 comment:

  1. I look at the Crux website from time to time and I found this piece about Syrian Orthodox Christians, a beleaguered community, who are feeding poor Muslims during Ramadan.

    https://cruxnow.com/global-church/2016/06/17/syrian-christians-feeding-poor-muslims-ramadan/

    I feel ashamed and humbled when I read things like that.

    ReplyDelete